Thursday, November 13, 2008

T-Plus 2-days?!?






Okay, I'm a pretty patient person. I can wait for most things without getting too crazy (unlike Mommy L. who must open presents upon receipt). But baby #2 is really testing my patience. He/she is already TWO DAYS past due date. Now normally, that's not too surprising, but he's dropped down and it seems like I can practically grab him now! Poor Mommy L. is in a lot of discomfort and some pain (from the kid's head being so low).


Mommy L. still looks great and is a super trooper. This is another picture from the pumpkin patch/corn maze. Thanks again Ben!

With Remembrance Day falling on Tuesday, it was a good week to be born. I made a deal that if the birthing day fell on November 11, I would make the middle name "Armistice". I thought it had a nice meaning and had a nice ring (thanks Uncle Rob for the suggestion). Only two problems, I have a really hard time saying and spelling Armistice. Anyhow, apparently the baby didn't like the idea either because he/she didn't come out that day.


Now, I say he/she because we really don't know. At 20 weeks, the ultrasound technician told us it was a boy and showed us his "family jewels" (which is quite indiscernible by me), but just recently the gynecologist said that we "shouldn't paint the room blue" because she couldn't determine the sex of the baby. Unfortunate, it was too late for that since the room is VERY blue. Oh well, girls like blue too!
I've given up on sleeping. Anxiety and anticipation has me on constant watch. Ready for the tinest sign from Mommy L. I hope the baby comes soon, I can't take much more of this (Mommy L. agrees with me...maybe a bit of an understatement). ;)

No comments:

Here's the real time chronicles of my sons (there's 2 now) from the days before birth to present day from the father's point of view.