Monday, May 21, 2007

Almost One Year

What's transpired in the past couple of months seems improbable. So much has happened (developmentally for Evann and events for Mommy L and I).





As far as Evann goes, he started walking at 10 1/2 months. Very slowly and awkwardly at first and now he's faster than his feet (which means he gains a lot of momentum and then falls down). Mommy L. purchased some sandals and runners for him which he's getting used to...much more bulky and awkward than his baby slippers.

Evann is starting to babble a lot more and interact. He's signs regularly (okay, he mainly signs for "milk"), but he does it several times a day. Even that one sign makes it easier for us to understand his needs. He's onto solid foods and whole milk which should keep formula costs down. He seems to be a good eater (obvious by his size), but he also gets pretty bored with food quickly.

I can't believe that he'll be one year old soon. This year has been the quickest slowest year ever. What I mean is that the year has passed by so quickly, but on an average of 4-6 hours of sleep per night seems like it's been going on forever. As far as Mommy L. and I are concerned, it's been a good year, but it's time for Mommy L. to go back to work. I've recently accepted a management position which will be a new challenge for me, but should allow me to spend more time at home too.




We've sponsored a nanny from overseas and she'll be coming soon. We've been hectically preparing her quarters downstairs and I must say that things are looking pretty good (that is, if you like the Ikea showroom). We're so excited to have some help and I pray that everything works out.

Next weekend we'll be having Evann's first birthday party at my sister's house again. It should be another small, intimate family-type gathering of a few hundred people. Hopefully, it'll go off without a hitch. I'll keep you in the loop!

No comments:

Here's the real time chronicles of my sons (there's 2 now) from the days before birth to present day from the father's point of view.